Monday, December 12, 2011

A Clash of Kings

Rating: Four Stars

I really liked this second book in Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series.  I have to say I didn't love it quite as much as the first one...there was a lot of setup and not as much action, which isn't always bad, but for a book this long I felt like there needed to be a little more balance of that.  That said, the action that WAS there was beyond stellar (the ships on the river and the hellfire!), and of course the character development is beyond compare.  I also like the bits of fantasy he weaves in, it is still so lightly dealt with, I am interested to see if the fantasy (magic) becomes a bigger deal as I keep reading.  Because keep reading I most definitely will - though I will take these in stride as they are all epic tomes!

No comments: