I believe a true bibliophile loves all forms of books and writing...and I have always loved comics and graphic novels in addition to traditional novels. This is different than what I normally read - a graphic novel series specifically about zombies (if you couldn't guess from the title). But it really is about the people going through it, and the characters are really well developed. It paints a grim portrayal of human nature during times of crisis, and it is really well done - though not for the faint of heart. It actually reminded me several times of Cormac McCarthy's The Road. It's not over yet, and I look forward to finishing the series. It is also going to be a show on AMC this fall, which I'm looking forward to. Thanks to my friend Aaron for recommending it!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
The Walking Dead
I believe a true bibliophile loves all forms of books and writing...and I have always loved comics and graphic novels in addition to traditional novels. This is different than what I normally read - a graphic novel series specifically about zombies (if you couldn't guess from the title). But it really is about the people going through it, and the characters are really well developed. It paints a grim portrayal of human nature during times of crisis, and it is really well done - though not for the faint of heart. It actually reminded me several times of Cormac McCarthy's The Road. It's not over yet, and I look forward to finishing the series. It is also going to be a show on AMC this fall, which I'm looking forward to. Thanks to my friend Aaron for recommending it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment