After hearing a million wonderful things about it, this took me a while to get into. It's very slow starting and I really struggled with (and didn't love) the odd perspective that was created out of having two authors that way. Eventually I got used to the writing style, the story picked up and I ended up really, really liking it! I was impressed with Greg Mortensen's tenacity and single-mindedness, not to mention empathy. It was inspiring and really did make me feel like anyone can do anything. I also very much enjoyed getting to know Pakistan, its people, and its main religion - I have a new deep appreciation of all three.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Three Cups of Tea
After hearing a million wonderful things about it, this took me a while to get into. It's very slow starting and I really struggled with (and didn't love) the odd perspective that was created out of having two authors that way. Eventually I got used to the writing style, the story picked up and I ended up really, really liking it! I was impressed with Greg Mortensen's tenacity and single-mindedness, not to mention empathy. It was inspiring and really did make me feel like anyone can do anything. I also very much enjoyed getting to know Pakistan, its people, and its main religion - I have a new deep appreciation of all three.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment