Soooo, this is kind of a messed up book. I don't know that I can really recommend it to anyone actually. A couple of my friends at work read it and said it was ok, that it was about a little vampire girl who befriends a boy and that it was going to be made into a movie. So my curiosity was piqued and even though they didn't love it I thought I'd read it just for the change of literary pace. And that, it definitely was. I think I'm glad I read it (I do love vampire stories)....but it's not for the faint of heart, and there are some truly disturbing subject matters (completely aside from the whole idea of creatures subsisting on living blood, of course). I simply cannot comprehend what the movie will be. At all. The Swedish author definitely has story telling capabilities though, I'll give him that...but a lot of it was just a deer-in-the-headlights feeling where I wanted to know where it was going, but at the same time really didn't.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Let The Right One In
Soooo, this is kind of a messed up book. I don't know that I can really recommend it to anyone actually. A couple of my friends at work read it and said it was ok, that it was about a little vampire girl who befriends a boy and that it was going to be made into a movie. So my curiosity was piqued and even though they didn't love it I thought I'd read it just for the change of literary pace. And that, it definitely was. I think I'm glad I read it (I do love vampire stories)....but it's not for the faint of heart, and there are some truly disturbing subject matters (completely aside from the whole idea of creatures subsisting on living blood, of course). I simply cannot comprehend what the movie will be. At all. The Swedish author definitely has story telling capabilities though, I'll give him that...but a lot of it was just a deer-in-the-headlights feeling where I wanted to know where it was going, but at the same time really didn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment