So after all of these deep, brain-intensive, thought-provoking books, I was desperate to read something that flows easily, grips my imagination, and turns into a movie in my mind. A good friend told me that Terry Brooks has continued to perform and write excellent books, so I decided to pick him back up. I recently re-read his first trilogy, so I decided to pick it up where I left off - his 4-book series The Heritage of Shannara. I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear that I loved, loved, loved them. I couldn't put them down and often stayed up to 2am because I couldn't make my hands close the book. I finished all 4 in about 2 weeks, and would recommend it to anyone that wants a smart adventure story with great characters, magic, conflicts, fantastic villains, and the descriptive power of an author that can spin words and stories like a literary spider, drawing you into his web.
Monday, October 19, 2009
The Heritage of Shannara
So after all of these deep, brain-intensive, thought-provoking books, I was desperate to read something that flows easily, grips my imagination, and turns into a movie in my mind. A good friend told me that Terry Brooks has continued to perform and write excellent books, so I decided to pick him back up. I recently re-read his first trilogy, so I decided to pick it up where I left off - his 4-book series The Heritage of Shannara. I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear that I loved, loved, loved them. I couldn't put them down and often stayed up to 2am because I couldn't make my hands close the book. I finished all 4 in about 2 weeks, and would recommend it to anyone that wants a smart adventure story with great characters, magic, conflicts, fantastic villains, and the descriptive power of an author that can spin words and stories like a literary spider, drawing you into his web.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment