The story of a woman's journey to the Amish. A short and sweet book, with a beautiful portrayal of the Amish people. Their simplicity, joy in life, joy, and peace. This is ironic given their lack of many things we consider necessities in the modern world. It was a great break from the behemoth I had just finished - giving me a sense of my own peace and quiet. I recommend it for anyone that wants to know a little more about those amazing people, and what they have to offer us in their simplicity.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Plain and Simple
The story of a woman's journey to the Amish. A short and sweet book, with a beautiful portrayal of the Amish people. Their simplicity, joy in life, joy, and peace. This is ironic given their lack of many things we consider necessities in the modern world. It was a great break from the behemoth I had just finished - giving me a sense of my own peace and quiet. I recommend it for anyone that wants to know a little more about those amazing people, and what they have to offer us in their simplicity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment