Very good read. Historical, interesting, and even a little oddly endearing. I was sad it was over. It was a great story of two men both of whom were integral in putting the Oxford English Dictionary together. One of whom was crazy. Literally. One wouldn't really think a book about the creation of a dictionary would be anything but dull, but even for those who don't love words would enjoy this. Though I'm lucky to just adore them, so that was fun.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
The Professor and the Madman
Very good read. Historical, interesting, and even a little oddly endearing. I was sad it was over. It was a great story of two men both of whom were integral in putting the Oxford English Dictionary together. One of whom was crazy. Literally. One wouldn't really think a book about the creation of a dictionary would be anything but dull, but even for those who don't love words would enjoy this. Though I'm lucky to just adore them, so that was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment