This is the sequel to Katherine Neville's amazing novel The Eight. It has been over 20 years since the first novel, and I was very excited to buy it, and I re-read The Eight so I had the story fresh in my mind. I was glad I did given where the story picks up. Anyways, I enjoyed The Fire, though admittedly not as much as the original. I felt like she tried to weave too similar of a story to the first, and weave as intricate a story. She succeeded pretty well, and that's why it was interesting to read, but in my opinion it didn't hold a candle to her original masterpiece.
Friday, February 20, 2009
The Fire
This is the sequel to Katherine Neville's amazing novel The Eight. It has been over 20 years since the first novel, and I was very excited to buy it, and I re-read The Eight so I had the story fresh in my mind. I was glad I did given where the story picks up. Anyways, I enjoyed The Fire, though admittedly not as much as the original. I felt like she tried to weave too similar of a story to the first, and weave as intricate a story. She succeeded pretty well, and that's why it was interesting to read, but in my opinion it didn't hold a candle to her original masterpiece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment