I picked this up in a random coffee shop while I was waiting for some chai, and got hooked early on. Set in the deep south in the 70s, a small town paper that sees a grisly murder and the fallout from the trial (obviously, given the author). I enjoyed the colorful characters, but I am used to a faster paced novel from him...though I suppose it moved at about the same pace as that small southern town moved. It has been a while since I read anything from Mr. Grisham, though I do enjoy him - he is an excellent writer.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
The Last Juror
I picked this up in a random coffee shop while I was waiting for some chai, and got hooked early on. Set in the deep south in the 70s, a small town paper that sees a grisly murder and the fallout from the trial (obviously, given the author). I enjoyed the colorful characters, but I am used to a faster paced novel from him...though I suppose it moved at about the same pace as that small southern town moved. It has been a while since I read anything from Mr. Grisham, though I do enjoy him - he is an excellent writer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment