Friday, July 2, 2010

The Lost Symbol

Really enjoyed this one. Had to get past a serious sense of deja vu, as Dan Brown is a little more formulaic than I prefer. That said...I got over it. While the adventure pulls you along, it is his ability to weave his historical mix of fact and fiction that turns it into a thoroughly entertaining read. It was a really fun topic to read about, and will probably spend some time researching what was real and what wasn't. I also found a fantastic blog containing images of most of the places and buildings in Washington D.C. that are described in the book. I wish I had found it earlier while I was still reading it to fuel my imagination.

I also started doing a teeny bit of research on the Scottish Rite - certainly not quite as exciting as the book...but good to know.

No comments: