I read this book in essentially one sitting today. I was captivated by Haven's character development, the story, and the depth in this book. I loved her memoir (A Girl Named Zippy - listed below), and I really enjoyed this, her first novel. She makes small towns appealing...even to me. I loved the topics she covered as well - from religious beliefs and what they mean personally, to how we all deal with various types of sorrow and loss. Very thought provoking, but also still a story that propels you onward, very much wanting to know what happens to these human, careworn, flawed, strong characters.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
The Solace of Leaving Early
I read this book in essentially one sitting today. I was captivated by Haven's character development, the story, and the depth in this book. I loved her memoir (A Girl Named Zippy - listed below), and I really enjoyed this, her first novel. She makes small towns appealing...even to me. I loved the topics she covered as well - from religious beliefs and what they mean personally, to how we all deal with various types of sorrow and loss. Very thought provoking, but also still a story that propels you onward, very much wanting to know what happens to these human, careworn, flawed, strong characters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment