I picked this up for a couple of reasons, but mostly because I had already read and loved The Alchemist by the same author - Paulo Coelho. I hadn't read anything else by him and I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very surprised....I think I was expecting a similar style story as The Alchemist, but it was totally different. I enjoyed it immensely, it was very interesting and thought provoking, but I don't know that everyone will love it. To explain why he wrote it, Coelho said, "I wanted to explore the feminine side of divinity", and that's exactly what he did. It was fascinating and well written, and I actually loved the section at the end about Coelho as much as the book! His life has been truly one to marvel at, and his personality is so fun and soulful. When asked if he dances (as there is a dancing theme in the book), he said (among other things), "... My soul dances with the angels, and my body dances with my wife." Love it. I definitely plan on reading more of his books...
Friday, April 18, 2008
The Witch of Portobello
I picked this up for a couple of reasons, but mostly because I had already read and loved The Alchemist by the same author - Paulo Coelho. I hadn't read anything else by him and I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very surprised....I think I was expecting a similar style story as The Alchemist, but it was totally different. I enjoyed it immensely, it was very interesting and thought provoking, but I don't know that everyone will love it. To explain why he wrote it, Coelho said, "I wanted to explore the feminine side of divinity", and that's exactly what he did. It was fascinating and well written, and I actually loved the section at the end about Coelho as much as the book! His life has been truly one to marvel at, and his personality is so fun and soulful. When asked if he dances (as there is a dancing theme in the book), he said (among other things), "... My soul dances with the angels, and my body dances with my wife." Love it. I definitely plan on reading more of his books...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment